Highlight on empty corpses and stuff

Unlimited party, improved damage formula, better healing system, comprehensive highlighting and more.
maiser

Highlight on empty corpses and stuff

Post by maiser »

I recently re-installed fallout 2 because of some perfomance issues i had.
After using GOG V 2.1.0.8 with RP 2.3.3, Sfall V4.1.9.1 and Fo2Tweaks V10 highlighting has changed.
Now empty corpses, shelfs, containers and such are highlighted as well. I tried fooling around with the fo2tweaks.ini but cant seem to change that. I also tried fooling around with the ddraw.ini, the line 

Code: Select all

;A key to press to toggle the highlighting of all items on the ground on the current map
ToggleItemHighlightsKey=0  
The code was 32 to begin with.

This is line from fo2tweaks.ini

Code: Select all

color_critters=32
color_corpses=16
color_containers=8
color_locked_containers=2
color_locked_doors=2
color_traps=2
color_items=16
color_party=8
color_dude=0
color_transitions=64
; set to 1 to only highlight objects in the player's line-of-sight
check_los=0
; skip empty containers and corpses
skip_empty=1 
I would like to only highlight when the corpses and stuff have any items on them. Much cleaner. I think its the GOG version thats doing it but dont know where to change code.

EDIT: I checked in the game directory and came over a "sfall-mods.ini", and guess what, everything was duplicated there. So i just disabled those duplicates and now everything works fine.
Magus
Site Admin

Re: Highlight on empty corpses and stuff

Post by Magus »

Yes, sfall native highlighting should be disabled if FO2tweaks version is used. It's mentioned in the ini, I'll add a note to readme as well.
Please do not PM or email me about my mods and projects. Use forums. Also, see our talk channels.