RPU still censored

Updated versions of killap's Unofficial Patch and Restoration Project.
Fifo

RPU still censored

Post by Fifo »

Hi, thanks for your work on the restoration mod. I have the steam version of the game and, altough there are children and i can blow them up, all drug related terms are censored (drugs - chems, addicted - reliant, etc.). I used to have killap's restoration version which did undo the censorship, but after installing RPU the censorship is back. From my search of UTU's features de-censoring was meant to be included. Did i miss a setting in an ini somewhere?
Magus
Site Admin

Re: RPU still censored

Post by Magus »

There is no setting.
Do you have specific examples?
Please do not PM or email me about my mods and projects. Use forums. Also, see our talk channels.
Fifo

Post by Fifo »

Sure, in the Den the NPC's description are 'You see: a reliant'. Text during talks with NPCs refer to chems, instead of drugs too. Interestingly, when addicted to, say, jet, the small info panel in the bottom left of the screen says 'ADDICTED' but the associated perk is 'Jet reliance' with the censored vault boy picture.
Fifo

Post by Fifo »

Oh, managed to fix it. Turns out my mods_order.txt was missing quite a few entries (only had fo2tweaks.dat and InventoryFilter.dat, which i entered manually; was empty before) so i was actually missing quite a lot of features from the RPU. After checking the file in github i noticed it was meant to have a lot more.
Added missing entries to mods_order.txt and that fixed it (perks in character creation show 'drugs')! But it killed my saved games. :?  Oh well.
BTW I had installed RPU through the .exe release, version 29.
Magus
Site Admin

Post by Magus »

v29 is not yet released.
Please do not PM or email me about my mods and projects. Use forums. Also, see our talk channels.