Took longer than anticipated, and there were some hiccups, but eventually everything worked out.
Aside from the obvious facelift, there are some notable changes.
- Github and Google oauth now work again.
- Female translation
implementation changed, now female strings are shown separately in the UI, with links between male and female.
- Machine translation now includes DeepL. Their free limit is about 500k characters per month. A dedicated translator would burn through that in no time, so use responsibly, try to avoid opening auto translation tab when you don't need it.
- Update hook urls to hive.bgforge.net.
- PO file processing is offloaded to github actions now. Refer to action documentation
to see how to set it up for your mod.
- The updated msg2po toolset now supports loading translations from translation files repeatedly. This means that the restriction of having strictly one-way translation flow is lifted. You can have them flow 2 ways. 3 ways, in fact, if you count editing PO files directly.
This mode is new and not tested much. In addition, obviously it may lead to some conflicts and/or discrepancies. Not recommended by default. Enable at your own discretion, using dir2msgstr action setting.
Direct local PO file translation is a safer choice and will work regardless of dir2msgstr setting.