Fallout Fixt

Crowdsourcing mods translations.
Magus
Site Admin

Fallout Fixt

Post by Magus »

Fallout Fixt Russian translation is launched, based on 1С/FUP. Progress is on github, help here.
Please do not PM or email me about my mods and projects. Use forums. Also, see our talk channels.
Magus
Site Admin

Re: Fallout Fixt

Post by Magus »

Spanish translation is added for the upcoming Fallout Fixt 0.90beta, based on version 1.2.3 by ClanDLAN/Luffier. Hurry to get your piece of action!

Please do not PM or email me about my mods and projects. Use forums. Also, see our talk channels.
charlesdexterward

Post by charlesdexterward »

I would like to translate this to german. While there doesn't seem to exist a translation for Fallout Fix itself yet, there are translations for the TeamX patches 1.2 (http://fallout-files.de/index.php?c=details&f_id=8) and 1.35 (http://upload.worldofplayers.de/files6/ ... eutsch.exe), which are part of Fixt.

Could you add these two to the translation platform, so that I can draw on it and work on the remaining stuff ?
Magus
Site Admin

Post by Magus »

Hi and welcome. I see that you've started well with translations!

About Fixt, things are not that simple, let me clarify:
1. The translation in the system is an "unofficial" one. It's connected to this repository.
2. There's an official translation repo, but as you can see, it's not been updated for years - unfortunately Sduibek hasn't been very active.
3. If the "official" translation gets changed at some point, it'll diverge from the BGforge version, with no simple way to merge them back.

The best option to solve this would be to connect the official repo to the system. However, you'd have to contact Sduibek and convince him to do that.

Alternatively, I can add German to the unofficial repo, if you provide 2 full sets of files - English and German - their versions must correspond 1-1 to each other for import to go successfully. But to reiterate, I don't know what happens if the official one becomes active again.

Also, not sure if you're aware, but there's another project called F1in2, which is much more active at this point. And they do maintain a German translation - but manually. If your interest is not Fixt specifically, but F1 in general, it might be more worthwhile to spend effort on.
The same applies, though - their repo is not connected to BGforge system, and to connect, you'd have to contact the developers and convince them to do that.
charlesdexterward

Many thanks for all this information!
Indeed, Fo1in2 sounds more promissing now, especially since it incorporates much Fixt stuff.
I think I will ask Lexx (the dev) about this.
Just a question: how does the connection to the BGforge system works exactly? Do you have to fork his github repo (https://github.com/rotators/Fo1in2/tree ... fo1_german) or can you connect it directly?
I just don't want to give him false info caused by my incomplete knowledge about this matter.
Magus
Site Admin

Post by Magus »

See here and here.
Basically, a fork will not do, it must be the master repo, and it can only be done by repo owner.
More importantly, once connected, the system takes exclusive ownership of the translations, meaning that all translators must use the system to enter the translations. Direct translations will no longer work.
charlesdexterward

Well, you have the opportunity to advertise your platform, if you wish:
https://github.com/rotators/Fo1in2/issues/65
Magus
Site Admin

Post by Magus »

Cool, I responded, but obviously it's up to developers and translators to decide.
I'm not really looking to advertise. I mean, it's open to people who want to use it and request that, but there is no goal to have more projects/translations in the system.