Armored/additional talking heads & combat leather jacket animations

Updated versions of killap's Unofficial Patch and Restoration Project.
Erer08

Armored/additional talking heads & combat leather jacket animations

Post by Erer08 »

Hi!

After not playing Fallout 2 for a few years, I came across this project, and I found it very cool. However, there is one, rather minor thing, that is bugging me.
I remember two mods from back then, which were in either an almost complete or an at least partially done state, those were the Armoured talking heads mod and the Combat leather jacket animations (plus there was also Drobovik's RP expansion which was meant to introduce new talking heads and talking head backgrounds, but this one was indeed abandoned in a quite early state from what I see).
In the thread of the two main mods mentioned above, Killap himself commented that he intended to include them in RP's 2.4 version, so I think it would make sense if those could also be integrated to your project, at least optionally. Right now, to my knowledge, the former one conflicts with the NPC armor mod, so I don't think it's possible to use it on top of the RPU, while the latter are just some FRM-s. I don't really have an idea if this would produce unreasonably much extra work, but I thought mentioning it could not hurt.

Thanks for reading/answering!
Magus
Site Admin

Re: Armored/additional talking heads & combat leather jacket animations

Post by Magus »

It's a possiblity.
What's the conflict for the former one?
Did you actually try the latter one in game?
Please do not PM or email me about my mods and projects. Use forums. Also, see our talk channels.
Erer08

Post by Erer08 »

By conflict, I meant that since it was meant to be a direct update for the NPC armor mod, the files overlap (iirc). So if one tried to extract it on top of the files, then it would also roll that mod back to an older version. Also, the sfall modder's pack didn't exist back then, so if I don't misunderstand, one would have to make those changes inside the .dat file.

The latter one I unfortunately never tried. I wasn't sure how to make it work, since those are just FRM-s, and I'm not that familiar with FO2's file system.
Magus
Site Admin

Post by Magus »

I think ATH is not abandoned (Russian language). Should work with RP, but not sure about RPU. Try asking there.
I don't really want to take on maintenance yet another mod, and generally I think that modular approach is better than stuffing everything there is into RPU.

As for combat leather jacket, that'll probably need to be added to NPC Armor and Hero Appearance mods respectively, and those will be bundled with RPU normally.
Please do not PM or email me about my mods and projects. Use forums. Also, see our talk channels.