Missing new Patch version in menu

Updated versions of killap's Unofficial Patch and Restoration Project.
chris

Missing new Patch version in menu

Post by chris »

First off, thank you so much for continuing to work on this!

Now, to my question - the original Readme mentions the following:
Q: How do I know if this patch is installed correctly?A: There is a small rock at the beginning of the game. This rock is found just outside the Temple of Trials, behind Klint. Looking at the rock should display some text and give the version of the patch you are running. In addition, you should see a version number in the lower right corner of the main menu to the game. You must see BOTH the rock and a version number on the main menu to be 100% sure the patch is installed correctly.
After installing both the GOG version of the Game as well as your latest RPU version (.exe version) on Linux, there was only the normal 1.02 version number mentioned in the menu. Also, I could not find the mentioned rock in-game.

Is this simply because you chose not to continue including this version info in the install, or is it because something went wrong with patch installation on my end?

Cheers
Chris
Magus
Site Admin

Re: Missing new Patch version in menu

Post by Magus »

The rock must be present. Something is wrong in your installation, and I do not advise to proceeding with the game until you figure out what's that.
The logs must be in backup dir inside main game directory.
Please do not PM or email me about my mods and projects. Use forums. Also, see our talk channels.