V12 + Restoration Project 2.3.3 : beating the game causes a crash to main menu

Updated versions of killap's Unofficial Patch and Restoration Project.
VampireCoffee

V12 + Restoration Project 2.3.3 : beating the game causes a crash to main menu

Post by VampireCoffee »

I have FO2tweaks V12 installed and also the Fallout 2 Restoration Project version 2.3.3. I'm running the GOG version of Fallout 2.

When I walk out the door after killing Horrigan, the "Enclave tanker exploding" video plays, but subsequent ending movies do not play. There's then a brief flash where I can see my dude and my party standing next to the tanker, and then the main menu of the game loads, as if I'd quit the game (by hitting F10).

Uninstalling FO2 tweaks and downgrading ddraw.dll to the version bundled with the Restoration Project causes the ending movies to play.

Versions:
FO2tweaks: v12
ddraw.dll: the one bundled with FO2tweaks V12
Fallout 2 Restoration Project: 2.3.3

I've attached debug.log (as a .zip file containing exactly one file). BGForge says my save is too big to attach, so I've uploaded it here: https://vampirecoffee.net/fo2/SAVESLOT.zip My dude is standing right in front of the door to leave the tanker.
Attachments
debug.zip
(4.12 KiB) Downloaded 438 times
Magus
Site Admin

Re: V12 + Restoration Project 2.3.3 : beating the game causes a crash to main menu

Post by Magus »

That's a known incompatibility between RP 2.3.3 and some sfall versions. Both UPU and RPU have a fix for that for some time already. Doesn't really have anything to do with FO2tweaks, other than that it ships updated sfall.
Please do not PM or email me about my mods and projects. Use forums. Also, see our talk channels.
VampireCoffee

Re: V12 + Restoration Project 2.3.3 : beating the game causes a crash to main menu

Post by VampireCoffee »

"Due to function re-ordering, the player dies right after they leave the map" is some pretty funny stuff. Thanks for pointing me to the fix.