Restoration Project compatible with editors?

Updated versions of killap's Unofficial Patch and Restoration Project.
JohnBarleycorn

Restoration Project compatible with editors?

Post by JohnBarleycorn »

Hi, i just downloaded the last restoration project (2.6). I have played through and through FO2 vanilla, and i normally use both F2SE and F2wedit. But if i try to use F2se after i have installed the restoration project the program gives me error on the save (the new one of course) and if i edit some items with f2wedit the game often crashes. So my question is: is the restoration project incompatible with those editor programs?
Magus
Site Admin

Re: Restoration Project compatible with editors?

Post by Magus »

Both FSE and F2SE are deprecated by F12SE, which is the one you want.
F2Wedit is also a bit old. It doesn't support newer sfall features used in RPU. Try ProtoManager instead.
Please do not PM or email me about my mods and projects. Use forums. Also, see our talk channels.
JohnBarleycorn

Post by JohnBarleycorn »

I thought it had something to do with that sfall. Becouse i remember some years ago i tried one of the first versions of the restoration project (which i think it hadn't sfall) and i don't recall errors.
By the way, since you seem to know fo1/2 programs more recents, could you tell me which is now used for edit the frms? becouse i found this one https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout2/mods/19 becouse as i wrote on comment there i wanted to overwrite a player appearance with one of an npc, but that program doesn't seem to open fr0,1,2,3 which npcs don't have but player appearances sometimes have. (so if i overwrite a player appearance with the one of an npc, even if i drop the right frm the game doesn't apply it becouse it seems it's supposed to be in this fr0,1,2, etc version)
JohnBarleycorn

Post by JohnBarleycorn »

Wait, forget i've said anything. It appears that if i overwrite the character appearance with the restoration project it doesn't work anyway becouse there's the new custom appearances. So i'm afraid the whole thing is not for me.
JohnBarleycorn

Post by JohnBarleycorn »

p.s. unless with the rp the stuff has to be dropped in another folder
Magus
Site Admin

Post by Magus »

No, I don't know what's the best way to edit frms.
Please do not PM or email me about my mods and projects. Use forums. Also, see our talk channels.
JohnBarleycorn

Post by JohnBarleycorn »

Ah, nevermind. Thanks for your help anyway.