Error - critter

Updated versions of killap's Unofficial Patch and Restoration Project.
Griff

Error - critter

Post by Griff »

Hi, just installed the mod and when fighting the spore plant in Arroyo, a message appeared in the log when the spore plant attacked or missed - ERROR file not found: art/critters/mapIntak.frm. It is not a gamebreaker but really bugs me and destroys my immersion. Any advice?

Magus
Site Admin

Re: Error - critter

Post by Magus »

Screenshot, savegame?
Please do not PM or email me about my mods and projects. Use forums. Also, see our talk channels.
Griff

Post by Griff »

There you go. It doesn't occur immediately after the fight starts, it takes for me to be like 2-6 HP for them to appear and goes on after I heal. It didn't happen in the Temple of Trials though. It shows after the plant attacks, not after my actions

https://ibb.co/jVn6sBG
https://ibb.co/m9y6XVW

p.s. Update: it does sometimes happen from the start of the battle, actually. And it doesn't happen when I am fighting the geckos in the other Arroyo area. So I don't know whether it is only with this plants or with some other creatures or foes as well. Could be isolated only here.

Magus
Site Admin

Post by Magus »

Please do not PM or email me about my mods and projects. Use forums. Also, see our talk channels.
Griff

Post by Griff »

Thank you, it worked. Just for info, I encountered this problem only in one other interaction in the game - at Vault 15, with Zeke. And your solution helped me. Thank you for your time and effort, Magus :D
Grandmaster_Gunz

Post by Grandmaster_Gunz »

I'm having a similar issue as OP but with Cassidy specifically.
When I remove his armor down his bare self, his character sprite disappears and can no longer be selected/clicked on.
Also, it throws repeating error messages similar to OP's. (ERROR: File not found: art\critters\nmcanapa.frm)
See attached screenshots.
Not sure if disabling debug mode as you've mentioned did anything, although I'm not sure if I followed the right steps.
I also get similar error messages when in combat against spore plants and sierra army depot turrets.
Attachments
Cassidy-Armor On.jpg
Cassidy-Armor Off.jpg
Magus
Site Admin

Post by Magus »

It appears that Cassidy is missing some extended rifle animations (naked).
Not much can be done about this, unless you're willing to create and contribute the corresponding anims.
You can delete mods/rpu_rifle_animations.dat, that will allow him to keep the sprite.
In any case, disabling debug should hide the messages.

Edit: in the meantime, I copied standard anims to extended ones, download latest NPC armor here and replace the files in mods dir, the sprite should no longer be missing.