Translation hints error - Region of Terror BG2 mod

Multi-language server and extension for vscode-based editors. Supports various Infinity Engine and Fallout syntaxes.
Roberciiik

Translation hints error - Region of Terror BG2 mod

Post by Roberciiik »

Hi,

I'm trying to update Region of Terror modification, so I would like to enable translations hints offered by BGForge MLS VS plugin.

I've created the below file in the root directory:

Code: Select all

[size=100]mls:[/size]
  translation:
    directory: RoT/Language/English
    auto_tra: true
However, it seems plugin can't find proper translations files for .D files and for setup-rot.tp2 file (I used comment the file with /** @tra setup.tra. */ to set proper translation file). Hint shows: Error file setup-RoT.tra not found for tp2 and file WULFG2p.tra not found for example .d file.

Repro steps:
- Download RoT modification as zip file from here: https://github.com/SpellholdStudios/Region_of_Terror
- Create .bgforge.yml file with above content on top level directory, e.g. C:/Users/<user>/Desktop/RoT/.bgforge.yml

Thanks
Magus
Site Admin

Re: Translation hints error - Region of Terror BG2 mod

Post by Magus »

Make a commit, I'll take a look.
Please do not PM or email me about my mods and projects. Use forums. Also, see our talk channels.
Roberciiik

Post by Roberciiik »

Here is the branch: https://github.com/Roberciiik/Region_of ... gforge-mls
Commit: https://github.com/SpellholdStudios/Reg ... ecc5fa5571

I have similar troubles with other projects as well. 

Thanks!
Magus
Site Admin

Post by Magus »

Right, so it only supports lowercase names. If you rename SETUP.TRA to setup.tra and put that into the tag, it'll work.
I could make it case insensitive, but I don't think it's a good practice. Linux friendly builds should be lowercased anyway.

In fact, on windows it'll probably work if you lowercase just the tag, as the filesystem is case insensitive, but I'm not sure.
Please do not PM or email me about my mods and projects. Use forums. Also, see our talk channels.
Roberciiik

Post by Roberciiik »

So I tried lowercased setup.tra and the issue is still there. After the change, I reopened VSCode and I can see "Error: File setup.tra not found." The .D files don't work either.
Magus
Site Admin

Post by Magus »

Commit that too.
Roberciiik

Post by Roberciiik »

Pushed commit with lowercased file.
Magus
Site Admin

Post by Magus »

In last commit, only filename in tag is lowercased, file itself has the same name. Looks like that won't work on windows after all.
Roberciiik

Post by Roberciiik »

After changing the file to setup.tra it worked. Any change to enable case insensitivity for this feature? There are plenty of modifications that uses mixed case in their names.

Magus
Site Admin

Post by Magus »

It's likely not hard to change, but I see no reason to do that. Like I mentioned, because of fs case sensitivity on Linux using lowercase is a better practice. And if some modifications are mixing case, they probably should stop doing that?