Fallout 2 GOG (SFALL version information)

Smaller Fallout projects. Latest Party Orders mod, Fallout: Nevada wiki. Modding questions also go here.
NarakuITA

Fallout 2 GOG (SFALL version information)

Post by NarakuITA »

Hello everyone, my name is Andrea and I need help. From the GOG forum I was advised to write here.
For the CD version there is a translation in Italian, which seems to work well with the GOG version.
However for defautl in the GOG version has been included the High Resolution Patch of "Mash" Matt Wells.
Ragfox (official translator for us Italians) who has always translated this series, and made a first translation of the High Resolution Patch, seems to work.
However, an unpleasant bug has occurred. You do not understand why once translated into Italian, in the video options the option "change side-bar art" the textures are all black.
Ragfox's translation is for the sole purpose of translating the texts and not to modify the code in any way.
However this annoying bug was presented. Can someone help us?

The files identified for the translation are f2_res.dat and f2_res.dll.

I'm trying to help Ragfox to solve this problem, also because he has little time available.

Thank you so much I await news.
Magus
Site Admin

Re: Fallout 2 GOG (SFALL version information)

Post by Magus »

Hi.
So this is a problem with HRP, not Sfall?
Can you attach the original translation that works and new one, which doesn't? And a screenshot of the problem?
Please do not PM or email me about my mods and projects. Use forums. Also, see our talk channels.
NarakuITA

Post by NarakuITA »

Magus wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:50 am Hi.
So this is a problem with HRP, not Sfall?
Can you attach the original translation that works and new one, which doesn't? And a screenshot of the problem?
I thought they were the same thing, HRP and Sfall.
The problem is with the High Resolution Patch menu.
I attach to my google driver, the file, containing the two screenshots and the original and translated files.

Question: If they are not the same thing, what does the Sfall version introduce? Does it change the texts by chance? Because if this were the case, it would be necessary to check all the old translation ....

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13T3oZv ... sp=sharing
Magus
Site Admin

Post by Magus »

No, HRP and Sfall are different, although some functionality overlaps. Sfall is being actively developed on github. HRP's author (Mash) is MIA, unfortunately. NMA topic on HRP is here.

As for your problem, seems something's wrong with the dat packer that you use. I repacked the files and it seems to work fine.
Attachments
f2_res.dat.zip
(619.04 KiB) Downloaded 915 times
Please do not PM or email me about my mods and projects. Use forums. Also, see our talk channels.
NarakuITA

Re: Fallout 2 GOG (informazioni di versione SFALL)

Post by NarakuITA »

Magus wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:01 am No, HRP and Sfall are different, although some functionality overlaps. Sfall is being actively developed on github. HRP's author (Mash) is MIA, unfortunately. NMA topic on HRP is here.

As for your problem, seems something's wrong with the dat packer that you use. I repacked the files and it seems to work fine.
Thank you very much! It works!
Regarding Sfall, I do not know if you can help me, about the "binoculars" option, when you click with the right mouse button on your character, a menu appears, clicking on the binoculars, the stats of the character appear at the bottom left. If it is in good health, the game crashes. If he is injured, or has a broken leg or other, the game works correctly.
I think this bug is given by the Sfall version and not by the HRP version ....
This happens, only when the game is translated into Italian. Everything works perfectly in the original language.
Last edited by NarakuITA on Tue May 01, 2018 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
NarakuITA

Post by NarakuITA »

I enclose a video to make you understand better!
In the first part, the character is healthy (the game crashes).
In the second part it is wounded (the game does not crash).
https://youtu.be/tqvAfMUnwTQ
Magus
Site Admin

Post by Magus »

I think there's some problem with the translation, strings either missing or corrupt. You'd need to find those strings, compare to the original and see if you can detect anomalies. You can also ask for help at NMA.
NarakuITA

Post by NarakuITA »

Problem solved! I wrote in the github forum and they helped me. The bug shows up because my save had some problems. Loading a new one the bug has not appeared anymore!
Thanks for everything!