RPU mods, question grab bag

Smaller Fallout projects. Latest Party Orders mod, Fallout: Nevada wiki. Modding questions also go here.
agris

RPU mods, question grab bag

Post by agris »

Hi Magus,

What a treat it is to see what you've done with RPU / UPU. You've taken what used to be a long, laborious process to tweak my Fallout 2 install to my liking and made it much more streamlined. I was comparing notes with the most recent RPU and my personal .txt of changes to F2, and I was wondering if these mods are already included in the RPU:
  1. Animated containers
  2. Extended flamer attack animation
  3. 120% sized mutant death animations
  4. Uncensored vaultboy frms
  5. PC uses blue combat armor when using brotherhood variant (HM & HF CA frm stacks)
Separately, I have a few questions. I noticed that highlight all is not included in the RPU's distribution of sfall, is that an intentional move by the current maintainer(s) of sfall? Along similar lines, can sfall enable the engine to play back higher resolution videos yet? Some mad man has made very good neural upscaled Fallout 1/2 videos, and I would love to incorporate them into my playthrough.

Also, as the maintainer of FOTweaks, would you like to entertain incorporation of some moderate proto edits that I've prepared over the years? They mostly involve increasing the lethality of grenades and certain melee weapons. edit: see list at end of post.

Finally, are you currently planning a mod to increase the difficulty of combat encounters in Fallout 1/2? Combat difficulty leaves a lot to be desired, and a systematic approach to increasing it would be very welcome.

edit: oh, it appears spoilers aren't supported by your board. Sorry for the long list, I've moved it to the end of the post.

summary of proto edits
- Tesla armor normal and explode DR/DT brought up to Metal Armor levels, cost increased from 4500->5250
- Molotov cocktail damage type changed to fire, max damage changed from 20 to 25, cost increased to 75
- Frag grenade max damaged increased from 35 to 45, cost increased from 150 to 225
- Plasma grenade cost increased from 300 to 400
- Desert Eagle (Exp. Mag.) cost increased from 800 to 1050
- Laser Rifle (Ext. Cap.) cost increased from 5000 to 5750
- Plasma Pistol (Ext. Cap) cost increased from 2750 to 3300
- Magneto Laser Pistol's cost increased from 1400 to 2100
- Mega power first cost increased from 2200 to 4300, max ammo increased by 1
- Cattle Prod AP cost reduced to 3, cost increased from 600 to 1200 (recommend FastShotFix=1)
- Super Cattle Prod AP cost reduced to 3, cost increased from 600 to 2900, max ammo increased by 1 (recommend FastShotFix=1)
- Ripper AP cost reduced to 3, cost increased from 900 to 1500 (recommend FastShotFix=1)

Inclusion of FOT ground .frms for the following items:

TBERTSH2.FRM for shotgun
TCATTPD2.FRM for (super) cattle prod
TGRENPT2.FRM for .223 pistol
TCOMKNF2.frm for knife
tcrowbr2.frm for crowbar
TDESEAG2.frm for (exp. mag) desert eagle
THKMSG2.FRM for sniper rifle
THUNTRF2.FRM for (exp. cap. / advanced / HPFA) assault rifles
TKNUCKB2.FRM for brass / spiked knuckles
TLASERP2.FRM for (magneto) laser pistol
TLASERR2.FRM for (ext. cap.) laser rifle
TGATLAS2.FRM for gatling laser
TCOMSHO2.FRM for combat/riot shotguns
TMAUSR2.FRM for 9 mm mauser
TPLASMA2.FRM for (ext. cap.) plasma pistol
TPLASMR2.FRM for (turbo) plasma rifle
tpowerf2.frm for (mega) power fist
tripper2.frm for ripper
TSMGSKP2.FRM for 14 mm pistol
TTHROWK2.FRM for throwing knife
Last edited by Magus on Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed spoiler tag
Magus
Site Admin

Re: RPU mods, question grab bag

Post by Magus »

Hi.
This is the list of included mods. RPU uncensors stuff, and flamer animations are a separate component.
Highlight script is included with RPU.
I don't know if sfall supports HQ video.
FO2tweaks is not a combat balance mod, and isn't the place for such proto changes. I have no plans to make such a mod. You can pack and release your own, however.
Please do not PM or email me about my mods and projects. Use forums. Also, see our talk channels.