Party Orders suggestions

Smaller Fallout projects. Latest Party Orders mod, Fallout: Nevada wiki. Modding questions also go here.
Sting

Party Orders suggestions

Post by Sting »

Party Orders - propositions.

Code: Select all

5) Party Orders (gl_ptyop):
    5.1) in the latest version dude auto-looting (** PC auto-loot ON **) works much slower than in the previous versions (from http://www.nuclear-city.com/index.php/topic/161-fallout-15 repack):
        • dude waits about 1 second before and after looting a corpse (and this time isn't affected by Sfall's SpeedMultiX setting) - remove this wait time (or make it optional)
        • dude loots corpses in unordered manner: instead of looting the close ones first he choses the corpses randomly, sometimes running long distances (back and forth) because of that

5.2) texts:
        • texts - problems:
            • SwitchKey:
                • problem: none, but all other messages (look below) when switching dude/party functionality (ammo type, burst) should be like these 2 (red/green float)
            • AmmoTypeOrderKey:
                • problem: all float messages are dark blue and hard to see - change color to red/green
                • problem: all float messages (1900; 1901; 1910; 1911) are in the form of talking to the party - change them to OFF/ON (without companion names)
            • burst_key:
                • problem: all float messages are dark blue and hard to see - change color to red/green
                • problem: all float messages (float_off; float_on) are in the form of talking to the party - change them to OFF/ON
                • problem: duplicate messages (display_on; display_off) in log window - remove them, float messages are enough
        • texts - make them consistent:
            • SwitchKey:
                • 0 - float message (red)   =   ** PC auto-loot OFF **
                • 1 - float message (green) =   ** PC auto-loot ON **
            • AmmoTypeOrderKey:
                • 0 - float message (red)   =   ** PARTY ap ammo OFF **
                • 1 - float message (green) =   ** PARTY ap ammo ON **
            • burst_key:
                • 0 - float message (red)   =   ** PARTY bursts OFF **
                • 1 - float message (green) =   ** PARTY bursts ON **

5.3) make it possible to change the party stance during combat (at least "Stay Close" command):
        • party_combat_stance_stay_close = [key_scancode]
        • party_combat_stance_on_your_own = [key_scancode]

5.4) companions never attack fleeing enemies even with ranged weapons (if Distance="Stay close to me"):
        • either make an option in the *.INI to force them to attack those enemies
        • or add a new key to be able to command them to do it during combat

5.5) companions shouldn't move away from the player if Distance="Stay close to me":
        • happens all the time with NPCsTryToSpendExtraAP > 0 (companions move 1-3 steps towards enemies)
Magus
Site Admin

Party Orders

Post by Magus »

5.1) I'll need to check that.
5.2) Maybe the colors. I don't see the need to change the texts.
5.3) Not sure if can be done. If it can, probably needs all stances.
5.4-5.5) Not sure if can be done. Probably requires modifying companion scripts. Out of the scope.
Please do not PM or email me about my mods and projects. Use forums. Also, see our talk channels.
Sting

Party Orders

Post by Sting »

Magus wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:34 pm5.1) I'll need to check that.
Some additional info.

Party orders - strange behaviour, changing the name of the script file from "gl_ptyop.int" to something else (for example, "gl_123.int") causes the module to act a bit differently in the game:
    • script name "gl_ptyop.int":
        • bad:  Dude has 1-2 second pause before/after looting a corpse with Autoloot enabled, and this pause isn't affected by Sfall's SpeedMultiX setting
        • good: SwitchKey acts without any problems
    • script name "gl_123.int":
        • good: Dude doesn't have any delays when looting corpses with Autoloot enabled
        • bad:  it's almost impossible to switch autolooting (ON->OFF or OFF->ON) with SwitchKey, since it gets 'stuck' (like it's pressed 2 times at once) unless pressed a lot of times; example:
            • SwitchKey=11 (0) -> only switches after 10-50 very fast button (0) pushes; also 2 float messages appear above the player, but the first one - only for a fraction of a second, immediately replaced by another message
            • SwitchKey=11+29 (0+LCtrl) -> switches after the first button (0) push, BUT does NOT work with LCtrl (it's like the script thinks that SwitchKey=11 instead of 11+29)
Magus wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:34 pm5.2) Maybe the colors.
Would be nice if color was configurable, maybe even per message category: for example, color_Looting_done, color_NPC_random_responses, etc.
Magus
Site Admin

Party Orders

Post by Magus »

Strage behaviour, indeed. I'll check this... when the time comes.
Please do not PM or email me about my mods and projects. Use forums. Also, see our talk channels.
qPlazm3r

Re: Party Orders

Post by qPlazm3r »

Proposition: Combat control

In combat mode, player can quickly change party members' behaviour (during his turn or anytime).

Attack mode: Party members become aggressive as much as they can.
Defence mode: Party members stay close to player and protect him.
Normal mode: As set in their combat options (in dialogues).

In config file you can set preferences for distance and whom to attack.
NPC will pick first mode available for him.

Something like this:

AttackModeKey=[Ctrl+A]
DefenceModeKey=[Ctrl+D]
NormalModeKey=[Ctrl+S]

[COMBAT]
; Distance
; 1:Stay close, 2:Charge, 3:Snipe, 4:Own, 5:Stay
distance_pref_attack=2,4,5,3,1
distance_pref_defence=1,3,4,5,2

; Whom to attack
; 1:Attacking me, 2:Strongest, 3:Weakest, 4:Own, 5:Closest