Extended soundsets for NPC

A collection of tweaks, cheats and common sense changes.
Blash

Extended soundsets for NPC

Post by Blash »

Greetings everybody.
I'm an "old" EET player, and I remember during my last playthrough (about 3 years ago) noticing how the change of soundset in the transition from BGEE to SoD completely broke immersion for me. 

Since then, I'm looking for a way to keep one and only soundset for my party characters (Charname, Imoen, Minsc, Edwin, Viconia and Jaheira) through the ENTIRE EET, that means BGEE, SoD and BG2EE with SoA.

I'm not completely sure: does "Extended soundsets for NPC - Prefer BG1 sounds" allow me to achieve what I've been searching for for ages?

I noticed that BGEE - SoD transition is not mentioned at all here:
https://github.com/BGforgeNet/bg2-tweak ... undsets.md
And so, I'm not sure this mod component will do what I need on a EET game  :cry:

Magus
Site Admin

Re: Extended soundsets for NPC

Post by Magus »

Either "Prefer BG1 sounds" or "Prefer BG2 sounds" should work... for BGT, at least.
I don't know whether SoD and/or EET do anything regarding soundsets. It's possible that they could still change, even with TnT tweak.
Please do not PM or email me about my mods and projects. Use forums. Also, see our talk channels.
Blash

Post by Blash »

Oh my God, I just realized we talked in depth about this topic about three years ago!

Here: https://www.gibberlings3.net/forums/top ... t-for-eet/

We then talked on Discord and I gifted you a SoD license (18th April, 2020), you told me you'd look into EET compatibility. 
It seems you didn't do it 😭
Magus
Site Admin

Post by Magus »

We did, and I added SoD and EET to Golem. I know that it installs and works. It's compatible.

What I don't know if whether it provides same soundsets throughout the saga on EET. Which was never the goal of Extended Soundsets.

In fact, I myself do prefer more variety, and like the change - but that applies to original BG1/BG2 sounds. I don't know if I'd like SoD sounds, since I never play it.
Please do not PM or email me about my mods and projects. Use forums. Also, see our talk channels.
Blash

Post by Blash »

Oh, I'm sorry if I didn't get it.

What I'm not understanding is what has changed since SoD/EET compatibility implementation. 

If the mod originally provided BGEE/BG2EE soundset consistency and EET compatibility ensures no change in the BGEE/SoD transition (right?), what is the soundset change I might still face?
Magus
Site Admin

Post by Magus »

EET compatibility means that the mod can be installed and played on EET without apparent issues.

This component isn't and was never installable on BGEE nor BG2EE, nor original BG1/BG2. It's designed for the Trilogy.
(Although in theory, it could be extended to do the same on non-trilogy games.)

Addtionally, checking it just now, BGT also performs some mumbo-jumbo with soundsets, so actually now I'm not sure whether it'd have consistent sounds even on BGT.
Blash

Post by Blash »

What exactly does it mean that "the mod can be installed and played on EET without apparent issues"?

I mean: what effect should installing this mod produce on an EET game?
Magus
Site Admin

Post by Magus »

Extend soundsets =).
Blash

Post by Blash »

😏
Blash

Post by Blash »

Would you be so kind to tell me how could I test if it works?
Would a "move to chapter" console command be enough to simulate transition between games? I guess I should also summon the NPCs I'm interested in and add them to the party.