The incessant idle reload animation

Unlimited party, improved damage formula, better healing system, comprehensive highlighting and more.
Cyrus

The incessant idle reload animation

Post by Cyrus »

Hey burn.

As discussed in this thread in the past:

Any way to stop the incessant SMG reload idle animation?

Did you ever figure out a better solution to this?

I've been looking into it a little bit as its been annoying the hell out of me lately. As you've mentioned one solution is to replace the sound file. However, its not just for 1 animation. there is like 8 animations and each has a sound and they all happen over and over an over. I think 5 of them are guns. Point being that, silencing 2 audio files only addresses those 2 animation. Ok we could replace all the sounds, but then you lose the sound for those animations and also it all has to be done manually.

I want to see if you have since figured any other way to deal with this, cause if not I was gonna request a fix for it in sfall. The animation time is about 5-6 seconds, repeating. Maybe an sfall fix can replace it and make it every 30 secs, and that would fix all the animation.

I thought a fix to this issue is fitting to be part of fo2tweaks, so I mention it here.
Magus
Site Admin

Re: The incessant idle reload animation

Post by Magus »

No, I haven't found anything better.
Please do not PM or email me about my mods and projects. Use forums. Also, see our talk channels.
Cyrus

Post by Cyrus »

So how do you deal with it right now?

You put audio files in data folder every time you install the game?

How many guns have you done it for?
Magus
Site Admin

Post by Magus »

Just the two files mentioned in the linked topic, that seems to be enough.
And I don't install much, apart from testing. My main installation used for playthroughs is old.
Please do not PM or email me about my mods and projects. Use forums. Also, see our talk channels.
Cyrus

Post by Cyrus »

Right.

Update:
https://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/any ... st-4403180

I really feel this should be either part of fo2tweaks or upu/rpu.

Do you think you could implement this? I think its very fitting that it be part of UPU/RPU.
Magus
Site Admin

Post by Magus »

Not UPU or RPU for sure, since it's not a bug nor a restoration.
I might get to that in FO2tweaks once I'll return to playing.
The code in the linked post requires enabling unsafe scripting, though.
Also, I wonder if there's a way to disable it at all, and only play the animation on actual reload.
Cyrus

Post by Cyrus »

The timer feature is in the engine, so it would mean replacing some other offset so the "event" never gets called.

Ofcourse another solution is to simply set the repeat time to very long.

Also know that the component that calls this animation doesn't just call reload animations. It calls the idle animation for any weapon in hand, including even when you are unarmed (scratch head). It just so happens that for some weapons the animation is a reload animation. So stopping it also stops all idle fidget animations. Any change affects all fidget animations.
Magus
Site Admin

Post by Magus »

Right, well, a script can check the weapon and act accordingly.