Extending gratitude

Unlimited party, improved damage formula, better healing system, comprehensive highlighting and more.
Cyrus

Extending gratitude

Post by Cyrus »

Hey Burn, how you doin man.

I was away for 2 years and have found the time to come back to FO2 again. I was again reading through your files and work and updates you've done.

I just wanna say wonderful work man. You've achieved some great things. Things have come along nicely in your mod and you have addressed many important issues in the game that truly make a difference and really have improved the game.

For mods people often work on "new content" and "flavor" which in my experience rarely ever improves a game that has deep inherent issues, but you have worked on the subsystems that has truly made this game better.

Anyway, just wanted to say well done man and good on you, and thanks for the hard thankless work. Wanted to extend my gratitude.

Magus
Site Admin

Re: Extending gratitude

Post by Magus »

Thank you for the kind words.
As you can see, since two years ago BGforge reach was significantly expanded, now there are updates for UP, RP, as well as other smaller mods and their localizations. I would love it if more people would engage in their support and development.
Please do not PM or email me about my mods and projects. Use forums. Also, see our talk channels.
Cyrus

Post by Cyrus »

Yes, I noticed the update work RP and UP, just  awesome effort by you. You are one of the very few experts at this that is familiar with so much of the code. You and the people who work on sfall (novarain and?) are just a godsend. I was looking at sfall code too and my jaw dropped at the amount of work that's gone into it.

I would love it if more people would engage in their support and development.
Hey you are dangling cookies to me. I would love to have been able to contribute. Unfortunately I lack the knowledge. You may not realize how daunting it is for someone new to get into this. There is a mountain of code to learn with not much help from others.

But if you were to help me with the questions I encounter as I am learning, I would love to help.

To be honest I've come back cause I wanna finish your damage formula to include all combat modes not just ranged. This will finally allow to resolve some of the combat perk issues as well. I have a whole project I wanna do which includes several things which should make everyone happy. Have a list of improvements I wanna make which is why I've come back.

Been thinking and thinking about it in the past 5 years and working on it on and off and just can't get them out of my head, so I'm here to just get it done anyway I can.

Oh and hey, speaking of contribution... this is extremely minor but I reread through your combat hook script, and when making a critical hit roll the random number is generating from 0 to 100. It should be 1 to 100 (I think this line). That's all I got for you right now! 😄
Magus
Site Admin

Post by Magus »

Fixed that issue, thanks (and you're welcome to submit pull requests if you find more).

Including melee weapons shouldn't be hard. The thing is that needs to be tested in the field, to understand the effect on the gameplay. I'm reasonably sure it'll work well, but still.
Please do not PM or email me about my mods and projects. Use forums. Also, see our talk channels.
Cyrus

Post by Cyrus »

For sure.