Compatibility with F2WR

Unlimited party, improved damage formula, better healing system, comprehensive highlighting and more.
Cyrus

Compatibility with F2WR

Post by Cyrus »

Hello Burn,

I would like to use parts of the F2WR mod with your mod. Now I know that in some areas they are not made to be compatible, for example fo2tweaks changes the damage formula to address ammo issue while F2WR changes ammo files, and the 2 of them together would cause problems. But there are other features of F2WR that I like, like AP cost reduction for unarmed attacks and melee dmg applied to min dmg of weapons and that sort of thing.

Proto file inconsistencies can be addressed easily enough. However what I'm particularly concerned about is interference between the script files of the two mods.

F2WR uses 4 script files:
hs_calcapcost.int
hs_deathanim2.int
hs_itemdamage.int
hs_afterhitroll.int

I looked inside them and they look pretty simple and don't seem to be a problem, but given my ssl coding skills I can't be certain. Do you know if any one of them could cause a problem with the scripts from your mod?

Thanks.
Magus
Site Admin

Compatibility with F2WR

Post by Magus »

Possible? Yes. But that can be said about any two mods. Likely? No.

Like I said in release notes, FO2tweaks are designed to be as compatible as possible. So unless changes from another mod directly contradict changes from FO2tweaks, they should work together. But I can't test all other mods, of course, meaning I can't be absolutely sure. So if you find a non-obvious incompatibility, feel free to open an issue and I'll look into that at some point.
Please do not PM or email me about my mods and projects. Use forums. Also, see our talk channels.
Cyrus

Compatibility with F2WR

Post by Cyrus »

Ok, thanks man. Will do.

My main concern was whether similar hooks might have been used for example the combatdamage hook, because then I'm guessing they might override each other and have conflict. So I looked in the int files and I didn't see any hooks except for "init" hook which was reference once or twice, but I didn't know whether you use that or if there might be a problem. your mod is much more complex than F2WR so I figured you would know best.