Unlimited party, improved damage formula, better healing system, comprehensive highlighting and more.
Magus
Site Admin

Re: My take on AP/JHP dilemma

Post by Magus » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:04 am

It is somewhat low, indeed, but as I mentioned in the opening post, one of the goals was to avoid making arbitrary decisions.
I think that with the mod, the sweet spot is around 20-25% penalty to DR (FMJ), but it'd take some graphs, possibly 3-dimensional, to visualize all the details.
Considering game lore, AP should probably peak in effectiveness against Combat Armor and its variants, since PA/APA are top tech with limited availability.
The mod is open to changes, but the requests would have to be backed either by some serious math+graphs, or field reports.

Lastly, I think in the latest sfall changes they allowed to get uncapped to hit chance, which means that we can apply the same 1-parameter ammo logic to AC mod as well. I think I'll bake it in sometime later.
Please do not PM or email me about my mods and projects. Use forums. Also, see our talk channels.

Cyrus

Post by Cyrus » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:02 am

Very well. Sounds ok to me.

Yes next sfall should allow much easier hit chance changes.

Bear

Post by Bear » Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:20 pm

Hello everyone and specially Magus.

First of all, amazing work with tweaks in general and DR mod formula in particular. This is an exact approach I wanted someone to finally take. The multitude of combat parameters is the heavy legacy of games like Might and Magic (and previous table games). When, in essence, fewer number of parameters would do just fine.

In this regards I don't even thing armor needs all three parameters (AC, DT, DR) attached to it. Well, maybe AC may stay as a counter for opponent accuracy but DT and DR are definitely redundant.

Bear

Post by Bear » Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:01 pm

Magus wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:30 pm
To change as little as possible, vanilla DR mod was chosen to be this parameter.
Great choice. I understand ammo also have AC mod parameter. How do you use it? Ignore it completely? Reset to zero for all ammo types?

Magus
Site Admin

Post by Magus » Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:20 am

Uhm, the formula is explained right in the post from which you took the quote.

Edit: I misread the previous post. Currently, AC mod is unchanged, ammo provides vanilla bonuses/penalties. I have no strong opinion about whether it needs changes or not. Thoughts are welcome, but no promises so far.
Please do not PM or email me about my mods and projects. Use forums. Also, see our talk channels.